Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Countdown to the Next Great Album of 2006

So the new Pearl Jam album is still on heavy rotation on my CD player at the moment, but already I am excited about the new Radiohead album. I fell in love with Radiohead around OK Computer (I just loved Paranoid Android - a real me type song!!). I never really got into Pablo Honey and, although I likeD The Bends, I was never really a fan until OK... came out. Then came Kid A and I was once again impressed. I have always felt that Radiohead fans fall into two brackets, the ones who love The Bends and the ones who love OK Computer. I was lucky enough to see them when they toured with Kid A and they blew me away. I always felt with that album that it was really difficult to hear any other CD straight after. It just made everything else seem so mediocre.

Anyway, I am excited not only because of the new Radiohead album, but also because of Thom's work being released in July. I received the following e-mail from W.A.S.T.E today:

this is just a note to say that something has been kicking around in the background that
i have not told you about.
its called The Eraser.
nigel produced & arranged it .
i wrote and played it.
the elements have been kicking round now for a few years and needed to be finished & i have been itching to do something like this for ages.
it was fun and quick to do.
inevitably it is more beats & electronics.
but its songs.
stanley did the cover.
yes its a record!
no its not a radiohead record.
as you know the band are now touring and writing new stuff and getting to a good space
so i want no crap about me being a traitor or whatever splitting up blah blah...this was all done with their blessing. and i don't wanna hear that word solo. doesnt sound right.
ok then thats that.

i think its out in july and im pretty certain XL are going to put it out.

love thom

www.theeraser.net

I doubt you read this Thom, but I hope you don't mind me posting this. I'm excited, sounds great!! So expect me to start going on about this and the next Radiohead release a great deal through June and July. What a great year for music!!! And there are still albums from Muse, Audioslave and Incubus to come!!

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com