- Announce an energy review and claim that you have an "open mind" on all the options.
- Publicly back nuclear power option.
- Undermine the consultation process and be forced to repeat the process.
- Re-start consultation process but undermine opposition to nuclear plans by "distorting the evidence" and thus force them to withdraw from the process, eliminating any opposing viewpoints.
- Encourage former trade ministers to take up positions within the nuclear power industry to lobby the government to back nuclear power.
- Give the green light to the nuclear industry, which is filled with friends and former colleagues.
- Lie back and laugh at how gullible the British public were to ever think that this would be approached with an "open mind".