Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Wait for the Smears to Start.....

Jessica Lynch has, according to The Guardian, castigated Pentagon efforts to turn her into a "little girl Rambo", accusing military chiefs of using "elaborate lies" to turn her into a hero. I wonder how long it will take for the government mouthpieces to start lashing out?

Talking at a congressional hearing, Lynch gave lie to the claim that she was abused by Iraqi medical staff and that they tried to return her to American forces . According to Lynch:

"The nurses tried to soothe me and return me."

She went on to claim that:

"I'm still confused why they lied and tried to make me into a legend."

I'm guessing there is going to be quite a campaign by the likes of O'Reilly to go on the attack over Lynch's admissions. For the rest of us, it is just another example of how the US, alongside the laughable 'coalition', tried to stage manage every aspect of the illegal invasion of Iraq. The shame is that the damage has already been done as it was handy propaganda to shore up support during the invasion.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com