Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Ten Percent In The Motherfucking Hizzouse!

Kneel before me and submit to your new overlord!
Hello Mask fans! Because Korova has to fulfill his arduous court mandated community service (or as he likes to euphemistically put it- further my education) I have magnanimously agreed to subject his high falutin’ readers to my
inane drivel transcendentally exceptional prose.
So to kick things off I’m going to crosspost this because it connects up with the Iran Blogapalooza and is not too heavy for hump day, ideally I'm trying to write stuff that will be unique to the Mask and avoid too much crossposting but obviously I want people to check out my wee blog too. I like to think of this as like the Musketeers -unitied we stand- plus we get to flounce around in big shirts and have sword fights. Wingnuts beware!

Matt 'banal' Frei the BBC's Washington correspondent pens an article about Iran, it's not exactly terrible and he makes the point that Iran is not a monolithic state, there is much freedom and disagreement, but it was this that made me grind my teeth-

If I were the US government I would issue Iran with 10,000 student visas and 1,000 technology grants to Silicon Valley.
Iran boasts five million college students with higher degrees, the largest proportion in the Middle East.
Instead of encouraging them to turn into head-bashing extremists I would seduce them into becoming head-banging, iPod-wearing computer geeks.-


From what I have learned doing Iran Blogapalooza they already have mp3 players, laptops, SUV's and very nice digital SLR's and all that shiny consumer kipple thank you very much and they don't need the US to patronise them as if they live in the middle fucking ages. And head bangers? Yeah down with the kids Matty boy, perhaps you could impress them with your Whitesnake cd's, tell them about the great new Spandau Ballet sound.

This also reminds me of the drivel by Tom 'neo-liberalism is great, I married a billionairess!' Friedman a NY Times retard who thinks globalisation is great because poor people might get to have an ipod someday and most famous for the Friedman unit:-

Friedman's writings on Iraq inspired Internet bloggers to coin the phrase "Friedman Unit". A Friedman Unit is a unit of time equal to six months. The "Friedman Unit" refers to the phrase "the next 6 months are critical" in reference to the Iraq War that commenced in 2003. Tom Friedman first said "the next six months are critical" in 2003, shortly after the war started, and said it on multiple occasions over a period of three years.--

Still that's the mainstream pundits, you never rock the boat too much when you're enjoying the scraps from the captain's table.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com