Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Sun's Paedophile Poll

Just had enough time between lectures to inform you of action I have taken in response to The Sun's paedophile poll. I have written a letter to The Sun complaining that the poll was effectively rigged to produce a very specific result and, ultimately, a very specific headline. I am not holding out much hope of a response, but I have threatened (in a warm, friendly way) to take further action if I am not satisfied with the response (Press Complaints Commission - if it is even worth bothering with!). Once I have a reply from The Sun I will post it here.

Oh, and while I'm here, special thanks to RickB who has been doing a superb job keeping the blog ticking along in my absence. I will hopefully resume normal service on Friday. In the meantime, better get off to the library and do some research (although I guess I might stop off at the SU bar on the way.......).

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com