Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A Leopard Never Changes....

Below is the reply I had from David Cameron's office regarding Philip Davies' comments. I find it rather perplexing:


Two things I don't understand. Firstly, if the MP is truly sorry for those comments, why hasn't he complained to The Sun and had them removed? If I was him, that would be the first thing I would do. Those words are still there on permanent record. Secondly, there appears to be a sense that, had Muslims actually committed the offence, Davies' words would have been acceptable. Surely, no matter what the circumstances, these statements are never acceptable. The line 'no offence was intended' is laughable. Who would not be offended by a public figure using that kind of language about a community? Don't tell me he didn't realise the words 'fuck off' might possibly be offensive. If nothing else, this shows that the Tory party haven't moved an inch from their traditional position.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com