Monday, February 05, 2007

David Hicks' Letter to Australian Consul

This is the full text of the letter sent by David Hicks. The letter was addressed to an Australian consular official sent to visit him at the US military prison at Guantanamo Bay.

To the Counsul: 30 Jan 07.

I don't want to see you.

I am afraid to speak to you.

Only last week an American impersonated an Australian embassy official by claiming he was "from the Australian embassy in Washington".

This deteriorates my trust even further.

In the past I have been punished for speaking to you. I am not well, I am not OK and yet you have not done anything for me and the Aust govt keeps saying I'm fine and in an acceptable situation.

To speak with you and tell you the truth and reality of my situation "once again" would only risk further punishments. You are not here for me but on behalf of the Aust Govt who are leaving me here. If you want to do something for me then get me out of here.

(Sgd) David Hicks

Taken from The Australian.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com