Sunday, April 16, 2006

Season's Greetings


So here we are, another religious festival that passes me by. I have no real opinion on Easter. I mean, I used to love it as a kid.....all that chocolate! Now, however, I am a little ambivalent towards it. I have no real wish to receive any eggs or other gifts for Easter, I am not religious and I do not want to indulge in hypocrisy. This turns my mind to Christmas. One of things that really angers me around the festive period is the cries of 'political correctness gone mad' over Christmas cards that only wish 'Season's Greetings' and not 'Merry Christmas'. This has nothing to do with political correctness, they are not trying to rid Christmas from the vocabulary, this is about choice. Atheists, like myself, do not wish to convey Christian sentiments when we are non-believers. As a result, we like to buy cards with the non-Christian message because to do otherwise would be hypocritical. It really is that simple. There is no secret agenda to abolish Christmas through some politically correct intention. It simply gives an opportunity for people like me to feel less of a hypocrite.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com